Location, location, location. Congratulations if you are looking for real estate in Destin, Florida. You have found a place where home values are on the rise, good development is taking place, and custom home construction is on the rise.
The Best Places to Purchase Property in Destin
- Destiny East. Unique and luxurious, Destiny East is the only community in Destin with access to Scenic 98 (Beaches) and Highway 98 (quick travel). Nestled alongside a coastal dune lake, some homes in Destiny East have gulf and lake views with values ranging to 1.5 million.
- Destiny By The Sea. A popular gulf front community, most homes here are vacation rentals and provide compelling rental revenue numbers. Truly gulf front with nearly 1,000 feet of private beaches, Destiny By The Sea homes range from 1 million to over 5 million in value.
- Indian Bayou. A golf community just minutes from beaches or the Destin harbor, investors have found Indian Bayou to be a great community to renovate homes built in the ’70’s and ’80’s and re-sell.
- Kelly Plantation. A golfer’s dream and the perfect place to raise a family, Kelly Plantation has and will continue to be a favorite of the Destin community. New construction opportunity is very limited, but renovation and re-sell opportunity is present. Homes in Kelly Plantation range from several hundred thousand to nearly 10 million in value.
- West Destin. Set to be re-developed by several of our areas reputable developers, west Destin is prime for new home construction, renovation investors, and general property purchase. Likely to be 5-10 years before real progress is made and planned development takes shape, this area will be best for investors and developers with a vision for the future.
- Holiday Isle. A unique area of real estate unlike any other place, Holiday Isle offers homeowners the opportunity to live directly on the Destin Harbor with personal yacht slips and quick access to the Gulf of Mexico. Homes along the canals on Holiday Isle range from several hundred thousand to several million in value.
This is just a short list of great places to purchase or build your home or investment property in Destin. Lucrative opportunities are available in non-HOA areas, as well as planned development neighborhoods. This information is intended to be used as a professional opinion and all buyers should perform due diligence before making a purchase decision.
If you have interests in buying, selling, and/or investing in Destin real estate, contact me today to receive the information and representation needed to make the most of your investment.